Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Goodies

OK, I'll be totally honest, this post has nothing (well almost nothing) to do with running. I'm being a domestic Goddess today and making-baking the Christmas gifts I give to : teachers, teachers-aide, bus driver, doorman, after school lady and a bunch of other people who I wish to thank during this festive season.

I think it's important to tell people who take care of us in so many ways that we appreciate there presence, at least once a year. And, in my personal opinion, nothing says "Thank you" quite like home made candies, cookies and other goodies.

So the peppermint bark is done, the peanut butter swirl bark is almost ready, I'm working on the white chocolate, pistachio and cranberry bark (this one is lovely) and a little later, I'll be making chocolate and raspberry thumb cookies, gingery snaps, and cutout cookies that my son will decorate when he comes back from school.

After being laid off, I felt into somewhat of a "gloom" and wasn't sure I wanted to celebrate Christmas... after all, if I didn't have a job, who was I? Well, (and this is where the running comes in) when you're out there running, thoughts come through your mind like little bubbles, they form on the bottom and make their way to the clear sky and then POP! One of those bubbles reminded me that work is only part of who I am and of what I do on this little planet. I'll get another job but I won't get the chance to experience today again anytime soon. Might as well make the best of it. So this is what I'm doing today.

If I get a chance later on, I'll take the gurls running as the weather has been quite nice these past 2 days.

I'll post pictures of how the goodies turned out tomorrow (or maybe tonight).

No comments:

Post a Comment